Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Be still

I want to share with you all s fun piece I woke up thinking about.
Do you want a bit of a back story?
Well here goes.
A number of months ago I painted and sanded some pieces of wood.
I had hoped to piece them together to make a sign.
Alas that never happened, and the pieces ended up stacked in the garage under a shelf.
Two days ago my daily bible verse was 
The lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14.
Wow talk about speaking directly yo my soul.
I needed those words like I need water.
This morning I woke up thinking about that verse,
And how I could bring them into my home.
So.... I stenciled and hand painted them onto those old pieces of weathered wood.
I've never attempted this sort of project before, so it's certainly new to me! 

Wow I was blown away by how quickly this went together,
And I'm loving the end result.
I hope today finds you being still, I'm hearing so much more from the lord when I stop all the chatter.


Entering into:
Mixed media: new to you

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Glad that you tried a new project. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you turned pieces of wood into art! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful signs for your home! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!