Sunday, October 27, 2013

Art Cat

 This week was my last week with my newest amazing trainer at work!
We had so much fun, and soooo very much in common!
We both have funny and fun cats, so I decided to try my hand at an art doll
My dear friend Mary first posted this fabulous tutorial, and I decided to tweak it a bit and make mine into a cat instead of an owl!
I think I'm going to try to make a bunny rabbit next, with floppy ears, and a puffy tail!
So this guy was made using some very inexpensive canvas
I first cut out the pattern, and then sprayed the canvas down with
my spray inks, used some stencils, and some distress paints to fix him up a little
made the eyes using some more canvas, and some found buttons, then some twine for his whiskers,
and a button nose!
I had wanted the tail to curl around him to help stabalize him, but that didn't work out quite as planned, so that tail just sorta flops around!
He's a cutie though, and a great present for a brand new Friend!!! 
 
Linking up with:
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is really cute! Love the button eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely cute! Love those button eyes and I'm sure it brought a smile to your new friend's face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I just love your cat, Diana! I love the green color and the fun patterns that you inked on him. Those buttons are wonderful! I only wish that you shared pictures of different angles, so that I could see more!
    Big Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!