Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Altered cigar box present

Ok, so I sorta promised I'd share this beauty...
My very good friend Sasha has a birthday tomorrow!
I had been collecting cigar boxes this fall when I was able to go to a bunch of estate sales...
It seems that there were always cigar boxes in use in the garage for tools and whatnot
(he he I used the word whatnot!!)
Ok, so I digress!
I recovered this rather plain looking box into a fun little piece of work!
See my friend Sasha and I work together... yep, we're both 911 operators,
and one of our essentials to doing our job is a headset.
Well, last week I noticed that Sasha keeps hers in the box that it came in...
Ummm for 5 years... so you can imagine that the box is pretty beat up!
I figured this would be a good present for her!
I covered it in paper, and then cut out some tattered florals in aluminum tape
then ran those through an embossing folder, and  added the black using my staz on pad.
Wow... then, since it's just tape, I peeled off the back and stuck it down
(well except for the big one, see my tape isn't that large, so I had to make a bigger piece.)
Oh yeah, and prior to all that I did some alcohol inks on the tape! Blues and Greens
Sorry the Green didn't turn out in the picture.
Here's the inside of the box as well!
I hope you've enjoyed my creation,
I'm linking it up to Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals Challenge
I know there are lots and lots of fabulous entries, so if you have this die, go play along!!!

Thanks for stopping by tonight, I love that you've taken a few minutes out of your busy day to check out what I've been up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!